Responsibility is one of the most important aspects of walking a path of truth. I invite you to create your own declaration of responsibility.
- I am responsible for my thoughts, feelings, and actions. They are inside of me and come from me. It is up to me to choose my response to what I experience.
- If I depend on another to make me feel better or different I am not acknowledging my inherent power-strength-value-worth.
- I do affect others through my choice of actions. Listening and discussion fosters understanding so I can honor myself and others.
- I experience shared power-strength-value-worth with myself and others through being responsible for my individual and our shared experience of Life.
- I am willing to listen and work through conflict with honor and respect. I communicate what is important to me.
- I am aware of my choices and I [am learning to] choose intentionally. I gather helpful information as necessary.
- I learn new skills to replace those which no longer serve me or others.
I am response-able.
Welcome and thank you for visiting. The purpose of Presence Parenting is to awaken truth one moment at a time. You get to decide what’s true for you. Please do not allow anything you read to contribute toward the potentially debilitating effects of perfect parent syndrome. We are all doing the best we can and we are all together in this journey of parenting.
Are you are struggling as a parent? If so, I’d like to share something invaluable with you: hope. If you would like to change how you respond when parenting feels intense, I invite you to join the Sane Parenting Challenge.